Focus Raven 27.5" Black/Yellow Large Frame
FOCUS has taken their proven carbon-frame technology into the 27.5” wheel frame market with the Raven 27R. This is the perfect compromise between the agility of a smaller 26” platform and the comfort and performance of a 29er. Shlomy Haimy, Israel’s National Mountain Biking Champion and one of the top performers on the World Cup circuit, rocks the Raven 27r to numerous victories.
For a nimble yet performance driven comfort.
Advantages of a 27.5" wheel size:
- The time and effort needed to accelerate a wheel relates to its diameter. A 26" wheel has the least rotating mass so is quickest to accelerate. The 29" wheel enjoys the least rolling resistance once underway. A 27.5" wheel is a compromise of the two.
- A large diameter wheel offers improved rollover on uneven surfaces. Its greater radius allows it to glide over closely spaced bumps, maintaining momentum and cornering speed.
- A 27.5" wheel is a popular compromise because it only weighs slightly more than a 26" wheel of the same construction and tire type. The weight increase for a 29" over a 27.5" wheel is around the same as from the small to the mid-size wheel.
- The bigger the wheel, the greater the area of tire surface it presents to the terrain. The greater this contact patch, the more traction the rider has. Because of this, large wheels offer better steering and braking.
- Large diameter wheels are best at maintaining momentum. Although harder to accelerate initially, their greater mass along with smaller attack angle and improved rollover keep you moving on rough terrain.
A tapered headtube is far supreme in handling, particularly when cornering and high speeds and stiffness over a traditional non-tapered headtube.
The Raven 27.5 uses a 1 1/8" standard for the top and the 1.5" standard for the bottom. Headset companies sell headsets in the fashion and Planet Cyclery stocks these headsets from a few manufactures and models.
CHAIN STAY PROTECTION COVER
Protection against chain suck. Cause damage from chain suck sucks.
The Chain Stay Protection Cover excellent protection against the ill effect of chain suck, damage to carbon frames. Also, if the chain drops, chain stays sustain no paint damage.
The small cover is glued to the chain stay as standard and if you need to lose a couple of grams for a race, the plate can be detached and later re-attached. Although if you care this much about roughly 10 grams then you have issues beyond your next race.
INTERNAL CABLE AND LINE ROUTING
Internal cables and lines provide protection against the elements as well as looking clean and beautiful.
Internally routing cables and lines protects them against the elements, extending their life and ensuring on=point performance every time. Besides technical advantages, internal routing prevents abrasion points on the frame, makes it easier to clean the bike and gives the bike a cleaner look.
The openings for the lines are integrated into the frame and have suitable covers.
Planet Cyclery, with its years in the industry and diverse product inventory can help you custom build one of these beautiful frames into a complete bike based upon each customer's needs. Just call us for advice if needed and packaged pricing.
We do offer a build service that includes professionally building of the bike to your liking and then boxing and shipping the bike that will require minimum assembly by the rider.
|Product Condition||New in Box|
|Country of Manufacturer||Germany|
|Warranty Duration||6 Years|
|Frame Style||Mountain Bike|
|Brake Compatability||Disc Brakes|
|BB Shell Width||73mm|
|Headset Size||1" Threadless|
|Rear Shock Type||No|
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||No|